Doug Kaye and Frederick Van Johnson sit down in a Google+ Hangout to discuss the brand new Fuji X-Pro1 – a new camera system, from the minds at Fujifilm. The new system comes complete with a brand new mount as well as new glass.
At a cost of $1,700, this camera is clearly targeted at a high-end audience. Fujifilm has promised two more lenses later in 2012.
Some important features of this camera are:
- EXR Processor Pro image processor
- Dual-magnification hybrid optical / electronic viewfinder
- Analogue dials for shutter speed and exposure compensation on top of camera
- All-new, fully electronic X lens mount; 17.7mm flange-to-sensor distance
- Three ‘XF’ lenses at launch: XF 18mm F2 R, XF 35mm F1.4 R, and XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
- Prime lenses have traditional-style aperture rings (1/3 stop increments) and large manual focus rings
- Revised rear-panel control layout
- On-screen ‘Q’ control panel and redesigned tabbed menu system
- Focal-plane shutter, 1/4000 sec max speed
- 3.0″ RGBW 1.23M dot LCD
Here are some sample images created by Doug Kaye using this new camera (all except the image of the camera):