The landing gear is down and 2012 is drawing to a close. And it's time for the first annual “Picks of the Year.”
We are asking our listeners and readers to contribute to our list of the best and most popular photography-related gear, hardware, software, news, tips, tricks, trends or people of the year by letting us know by letting us know what you think. This is an expansion of the “Picks of the Week” segment on the show, but on a much larger scale. What moved the needle this year? What took photography to the next level? What set the stage for 2013?
Here are a few quick highlights in our minds but remember, you are not limited to these suggestions.
- Nikon D600
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D4
- Canon 6D
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Samsung Galaxy Camera
- iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy SIII
- Facebook's purchase of Instagram
- The rise of Google+
- Photoshop CS6
- Lightroom 4
- Aperture 3.3
- 500px named one of Time magazine's “25 Best Blogs of 2012”
- 35 cameras document Felix Baumgartner's space jump
- The rise of mirrorless technology
- Google acquires Nik software
- SmugMug raises their prices
- Curiosity takes photos on the surface of Mars
That barely scratches the surface. Help us compile the ultimate list of photography in 2012 by leaving a comment below or getting in touch with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Reddit. Get creative, get personal and let us know who, what, when, why and how photography changed in 2012.