TWiP 477: Embrace & Extend
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So by that measure, Instagram is throwing flattery all over SnapChat these days. Instagram, a leader in social photo sharing, has pretty much copied SnapChats “stories” feature. But does it matter? Facebook has unsuccessfully attempted to acquire SnapChat several times, is this new “saveas style” product development tactic the Internet giants way of “acquiring” SnapChat without spending a dime?
Also, a photographer is suing stock image giant Getty Images for ONE BILLION DOLLARS. After receiving a threatening copyright infringement accusation from the company about one of her OWN photos.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Instagram's new stories are a near-perfect copy of Snapchat Stories
- Photographer sues Getty images for $1B after being billed for her own photo
- Cool new tech can print holograms with regular ink jet printers
- Doug's Cuba Workshop
Picks of the Week
TWiP 477 is brought to you by:
This episode of TWiP is brought to you by the new TWiP School! We’ve just launched and the school already has THOUSANDS of students and several photography courses to choose from.
Check it out today at http://www.TWiPSchool.com
Photomatix is the easiest way to create stunning HDR photos. Check out Photomatix at www.hdrsoft.com and click on Download to get your FREE trial.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Doug Kaye: Website, Twitter, Instagram
- Sara France: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest