Hosts: Frederick Van Johnson, Tristan Hall, Don Komarechka, Jeffrey Totaro
This week on TWiP:
- Google+ rolls out Communities
- Reuter’s Top 95 Photos of 2012 Reveal Interesting Camera Statistics
- Will 2013 be Sony’s year?
- Instagram & Twitter: Irreconcilable Pixels
- An interview with Geoff Barrall from Connected Data
Tristan Hall, Don Komarechka, and Jeffrey Totaro join Frederick Van Johnson to discuss these topics and more on this week’s episode of TWiP.
[tabs style=”default”] [tab title=”Top Stories”]
- Google releases a new Communities feature (8:00)
- Reuters Top 95 Images of 2012 Reveal Some Interesting Statistics (25:00)
- Will 2013 be Sony’s Year? (35:00)
- Instagram Breaks Ties with Twitter & Twitter Adds Retro Filters (56:00)
[tab title=”Picks of the Week”]
- Tristan: Sony NEX-6 and the PhotoComment App
- Jeffrey: Eizo CG275W 27″ Display $2500 from BH & LensWork Magazine
- Don: Induro PHQ-3 pan-head
- Frederick: Transporter
[tab title=”Other Links Mentioned”]
- This Week in Photo Google Plus Community
- Don’s Google Plus Macro Community
- Flickr updates it’s mobile app
The Great “MC Harrington” Photoshop Challenge!
The mission (should you choose to accept it): Use your photoshop skills – along with Richard Harrington’s head shot – to create your best MC Hammer/Richard Harrington composite. Winner will receive a signed copy of Richard’s book Understanding Photoshop Techniques. (Include Will.i.am’s new iPhone mod and Frederick will personally congratulate you on an upcoming show and award you an additional secret prize!)
Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, December 16th. Good Luck! Winners will be announced on a future show and winning images displayed.
Back on TWiP #281 we covered a news story about changes to the Canadian Copyright laws. In that episode we got it all wrong and the TWiP community let us know about it so Frederick sat down with Canadian photographer Don Komarechka to set the record straight.
Interview with Geoff Barrall
This week Frederick sits down for a conversation with Geoff Barrall, CEO and founder of Connected Data. Geoff was also the founder of Data Robotics – creators of the Drobo. Frederick and Geoff chat about his latest project – the Transporter.
You can learn more about the Transporter and support their kick-starter campaign at http://fvj.me/transporter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please Support our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by: the New Squarespace. Squarespace introduces a new content management system, making it faster and easier to create a high-quality website or blog. Plus mobile-responsive designs with automatic device scaling and more than 50 other new features. For a free trial and 10% off your first purchase on new accounts, go to SquareSpace.com/TWiP and use offer code TWiP12.
This episode of TWiP is also brought to you by Carbonite On-Line Backup. Whether you have one computer at home, or several at your small business, Carbonite backs up your files automatically and continually. Carbonite is the better backup plan! Try it free at Carbonite.com. Use the offer code TWiP and get 2 bonus months with purchase.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by Scott Cannizzaro
Photo Credits: 05com on Flickr