TWiP 461 – A 360 Look at 360 Video
GoPro focuses in on 360º video and away from from being solely a hardware manufacturer, to being a web-based platform for extreme sports and other genres.
Also, Nikon’s KeyMission 360º action camera was revealed in January… and Nikon ambassador Corey Rich puts the camera through its paces. Is this new camera the A7 of 360?
And scientists at the University of Washington have teamed up with Microsoft to develop a method for storing 10 Terabytes of data in a tiny smear of DNA.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- GoPro’s fate rests on the hinges of Omni VR rig
- First look at Nikon’s All-Seeing 360° Action Camera
- Scientists use DNA to store & retrieve photographs
- Martin’s workshops & tours
- Martin Bailey Podcast
- PetaPixel Photography Podcast
Picks of the Week
- Martin: BenQ SW2700PT 27” wide gamut display
- Mike: PacSafe C25K anti-theft camera bag protector
- Frederick: Duet Display
TWiP 461 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Out of Chicago
The Out of Chicago Conference is taking its show on the road for the Out of New York Photography Conference October 14-15. Join Rick Sammon, Bryan Peterson, Lindsay Adler, Frederick Van Johnson, Valerie Jardin, Steve Simon, RC Concepcion, and the rest of the lineup for an amazing hands-on photography experience in the heart of beautiful New York City!
Use the code “twip100” for $100 off the 349 registration fee before April. Go to outofnewyork.com for more information. See you in New York City!
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Martin Bailey: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Sharky James: Website, Twitter, Facebook
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest