TWiP Episode 451 – New Gear from Sony & Canon
We’re only 6 weeks into the New Year and most of the major camera manufacturers have announced plenty of new gear for us to spend our money on (or just lust after if you’re living north of the 49th parallel thanks to a weak Canadian dollar).
This past week, it was Canon & Nikon’s turn to announce some new hardware with the introduction of the 1DX Mark II from Canon and the new a6300 from Sony. Sony also announced a new series of e-Mount lenses as part of their new G Master series of lenses. Also in this episode, we’ll revisit online backup and discuss Backblaze’s latest service designed to help you quickly recover your files in the event of data loss.
This week, Bruce Clarke, the host of TWiP Weddings, takes over the hosting duties and is joined by wedding photographer extraordinaire Sara France, and the Nimble Photographer himself, Derrick Story, from The Digital Story.
Before we get started, we also wanted to let you know that Frederick is excited to be speaking at the Out of Chicago conference June 24-26. For a limited time, they’re knocking $100 off the registration price if you use the code “twipchicago” when you sign up. Just head over to TWiP.Pro/OOC to see all the details. See you in the windy city!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Canon announces the 1DX Mark II
- Sony announces the a6300 & G Master lenses
- Backblaze will now loan you a hard drive of your data
- Going from Lightroom or Aperture to Capture One
Picks of the Week
- Sara: WPPI March 3rd – 10th
- Derrick: Lowepro Streetline SL 140
- Bruce: Multiple accounts on Instagram & National Geographic’s: Proof – The Story Behind the Images
TWiP 451 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Sara France: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Derrick Story: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Bruce Clarke: Website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”TWiP” button=”yes” button_text=”Support TWiP!”]