TWiP 483: Top Picks from Photokina
Photography’s largest trade show, Photokina kicked off this week in Cologne, Germany with a veritable big-bang of new cameras, lenses, drones and more. This weeks panel shares their favorites from today’s bounty, and a look at some under performers from the show. We also take a look at the Pentax K-1, a camera that DxOMark has rated as the 3rd best camera they’ve ever tested.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Announcements from Photokina
- Pentax K-1 – 3rd best ILC DxOMark has ever tested
- Lightroom mobile update adds RAW shooting functionality to built-in camera
- Don Komarechka's limited edition snowflake coin
Picks of the Week
- Steve: Canon 5D Mark IV & Canon Online refurbished store
- Don: Ultraviolet flashlight Maxmax.com & Lumography Daguereotype Achromat lens
- Frederick: Drip email marketing
TWiP 483 is brought to you by:
Photomatix is the easiest way to create stunning HDR photos. Check out Photomatix at www.hdrsoft.com and click on Download to get your FREE trial.
Coming soon to The TWiP Network .. a brand new show called PocketShooters!
We believe this is an extremely important show, and the time has come for mobile phone photography to be taken seriously. The capabilities in late model iPhone and Android devices is nothing short of amazing, and the image quality is getting close to what previously was only achievable using PROFESSIONAL cameras. This show will explore the vast universe of tools, software and techniques that you can employ to begin creating pro-level mobile phone shots today.
Head over to twip.pro/pocketshooters and get on our early announcement list, and be one of the first to check out this brand new show on The TWiP Network.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Don Komarechka: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Steve Brazil: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest