TWiP 480: Did Steve Jobs Change Photography?
Steve Jobs, you know the guy who cofounded Apple with Steve Wozniak… is about to be inducted into the International Photography Hall of Fame and Museum. In this episode I discuss his posthumous induction, and is it warranted.
Also SmugMug rescues stranded PictureLife customers, sparking a discussion around backup, and cloud-based photo storage services.
And lastly, the Federal Aviation Administration in the US has finally ruled, definitively, that commercial drone use is legal. And they’ve provided a few simple steps for wouldbe commercial drone pilots to follow.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Steve Jobs to be inducted into the International Photography Hall of Fame
- SmugMug rescues nearly 200 million photos for PictureLife customers
- Now you can use your Drone to make money
- Woman shoots drone out of the sky with a shotgun
- Creatives Against Depression
- The Angry Millennial
- Growth potential indicator score calculator
- Sprouting Photographer podcast
Picks of the Week
- Jose: Pixieset Galleries
- Bryan: Fuji XPro2 and 23mm f/1.4 lens & SproutStudio
- Frederick: Belt holster for Theta S 360 camera
TWiP 480 is brought to you by:
Doug Kaye Workshops
Doug Kaye, the host of TWiP's “All About the Gear” show and an award-winning street photographer, is heading back to Cuba. Doug's workshops are limited to ten participants and *everything* is included: airfare from Miami, your Cuban entry visa and exit fee, meals, hotels, activities and even tips. And all at an extremely affordable price. November is sold out, but there are still a few slots open in January and March. Head on over to DougKaye.com/workshops and use the code TWIP100 to get $100 off the workshop fee.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Jose Rosado: Website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Bryan Caporicci: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest