TWiP Episode 450 – How to Damage your Credibility
In this age of everything and everyone being connected to everything and everyone, it’s hard to pull a fast one over on anyone — especially in the photography industry. One photographer found this out the hard way when he entered a Photoshopped image into a Nikon photo contest—and won. The subsequent digital witch burning went viral — as his credibility spiraled.
Also in this episode we look into the viability of iPhones, particularly next generation iPhones, as “DSLR” replacements. We’ve discussed this topic on the show before, but it looks like we may be closer than ever to that “camera bag in your pocket” utopia.
To discuss these stories and more, I’m joined by two veterans of the TWiP Network — Valerie Jardin, and Doug Kaye.
Before we get started, we also wanted to let you know that Frederick is excited to be speaking at the Out of Chicago conference June 24-26. For a limited time, they’re knocking $100 off the registration price if you use the code “twipchicago” when you sign up. Just head over to TWiP.Pro/OOC to see all the details. See you in the windy city!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Nikon awards prize to badly Photoshopped photo and hilarity ensues
- Nikon & photographer apologize for photography award
- Dual camera iPhone 7 Plus could offer dSLR-like quality & 3D depth mapping
- Olympus aims at Street photographers with new PEN-F
- Doug Kaye’s Cuban workshops
Picks of the Week
TWiP 450 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Doug Kaye: Website, Twitter, Instagram
- Valérie Jardin: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”TWiP” button=”yes” button_text=”Support TWiP!”]