[smart_track_player url=”http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/pixelcorps.cachefly.net/twip/twip_449_aud.mp3″ color=”6a1915″ title=”Presets! Good, Bad, or Lazy?” artist=”TWiP 449″ ]
TWiP 449 – Presets! Good, Bad, or Lazy?
We haven’t discussed the stock, or microstock photography industries in quite a while on this show. But in this episode, we discuss Corbis, owned by Bill Gates, being sold to Visual China Group — China’s equivalent to Getty Images.
VCG is also the same company that in 2015 led a $13 million dollar investment into 500px — a deal that frequent TWiP cohost and cofounder of 500px Evgeny Tchebotarev told us about when it first happened.
Also in this episode, we talk about Canon’s bold new marketing experiment called “The Lab”. And we dive into a roundtable discussion about presets… good, bad or lazy!
Before we get started, we also wanted to let you know that Frederick is excited to be speaking at the Out of Chicago conference June 24-26. For a limited time, they’re knocking $100 off the registration price if you use the code “twipchicago” when you sign up. Just head over to TWiP.Pro/OOC to see all the details. See you in the windy city!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Corbis Images sold by Bill Gates to Visual China Group
- Canon’s latest creative experiment is..weird
- Waging war with VSCO – Why I hate simple preset systems
- Martin Bailey’s Photography Tours
- Yucatan Mexico Workshop
Picks of the Week
TWiP 449 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Martin Bailey: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Alex Lindsay: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”TWiP” button=”yes” button_text=”Support TWiP!”]