TWiP 448 – Fujifilm's X-Factor
The folks over at Fujifilm are continuing to impress and innovate in the mirrorless camera space. This time with the introduction of the XPRO2. Fuji is returning to it’s rangefinderinfluenced roots with the inclusion of a hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder, and several other improvements to this new camera that are sure to make any Fuji shooter happy.
Also, in this episode we discuss GoPro and the decline of action camera sales resulting in the company slashing 7% of it’s workforce. Is the action camera market saturated? Or, is it just time to reimagine the product line, and diversify. Or maybe both?
To discuss these stories and more, I’m joined by Don Komarechka of DonKom.ca and Lee Herbet of CapturingPassion.com
Also, before we get started, a quick headsup… I’m excited to be speaking at the Out of Chicago conference June 24 26. For a limited time, they’re knocking $100 off the registration price if you use the code “twipchicago” when you sign up. Just head over to TWiP.Pro/OOC to see all the details. See you in the windy city!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Fuji announces the XPro2 and EES2
- GoPro slashes 7% of its’ workforce after huge drop in action camera sales
- Is Celebrity Photographer Tyler Shields inspired, or copying other artists?
- Lee's XT-1 review
- Frederick's appearance on The New Screen Savers 01/23
Picks of the Week
- Lee: Breakthrough Photography ND filter
- Don: Just a hint for a touch of class for photographers: take a look at custom watermarked paper!
- Frederick: Out Of Chicago Conference
TWiP 448 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Lee Herbet: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Don Komarechka: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest