TWiP 444 – Drone Registration Time
The drone, or “UAV” industry is still very much in its formative stages. There are many companies creating amazing, mature and highly sophisticated products. Yet the industry still remains in a bit of flux despite the fact that, to date, there have been hundreds of thousands of drones sold worldwide. What has many purchasers, and companies sitting eagerly on the sidelines pertains to the question of what laws and regulations will be established to govern this new industry.
We’ll it’s the dawn of a new day — at least here in the United States. The FAA, aka the Federal Aviation Administration has finally released its registration requirements for US based drones. As well as the non-compliance penalties, both punitive and criminal for current and future drone pilots.
In this episode photographers Martin Bailey and Matt Granger join me to discuss this next chapter in the drone story, as well as other stories making news… This Week in Photo!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Register your UAV/Drone HERE!
- FAA officially launches drone registration program (DPReview)
- Google adds shared memories to Google Photos
- Photos and specs of the Nikon D5 leak
- Matt’s ‘Kickstart Your Photography’ course
- Martin’s Greenland Tour & Workshop
- Martin’s Hokkaido Winter Landscape Photography Adventure
Picks of the Week
TWiP 444 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Audible.com is a leading provider of audiobooks with more than 150,000 downloadable titles across all types of literature, including fiction, non-fiction and periodicals. Get a free audiobook of your choice at Audiblepodcast.com/twip
TWiP is also brought to you by Lynda.com Learn what you want, when you want, with access to thousands of high quality and easy to follow video tutorials, including many about photography. Do something good for yourself in 2015 and sign up for a FREE 10 day trial by visiting lynda.com/twip.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Martin Bailey: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Matt Granger: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”TWiP” button=”yes” button_text=”Support TWiP!”]