TWiP 400 – The Expendables
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:33:18 — 106.8MB)
Welcome to our 400th episode of TWiP! This is a historic show where we’ve assembled an all-star cast of TWiP legends to reminisce about the beginnings of TWiP and to discuss some of the pertinent news this week in the photography world.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Toshiba reveals its' camera modules for Google's Project Ara
- FAA releases draft of drone regulations
- Affinity photo offers affordable alternative to Photoshop
- Naked Light
Picks of the Week
- Steve: Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Decisive Moment
- Ron: Paper Camera, Waterlogue, TangledFX, Lensflare
- Aaron: BlackRapid Metro strap system
- Alex: Hydra
- Frederick: Amazon Kindle Voyage
TWiP 400 is brought to you by Freshbooks & Lynda
TWiP is brought to you by FreshBooks, the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
This episode is also brought to you by lynda.com. Learn what you want, when you want, with access to thousands of high quality and easy-to-follow video tutorials, including many about photography. Do something good for yourself in 2015 and sign up for a FREE 10-day trial by visiting lynda.com/twip.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Steve Simon: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Ron Brinkmann: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Alex Lindsay: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Aaron Mahler: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Ello
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
- Intro Music by: Scott Cannizzaro
Re the drones. Make sure you have your insurance paid up, I believe insurance could be one of the biggest limiting factors for drone flights. If you do any damage to anyone or anything the lawyers are going to be all over you. The AMA only provides insurance if you are flying at an approved field.
Sad that Scott couldn’t join. Great to hear all the old voices again.