TWiP 337 – The Evolving Art of Portraiture
Hosts: Frederick Van Johnson with Lindsay Adler & Derrick Story
This week on TWiP…
- An engaging and insight-rich discussion about the art of portraiture
- Plus an interview with boudoir photographer Christa Meola
An Interview with Christa Meola
New York City based boudoir photographer Christa Meola talks about her new book, her beginnings as a photographer, and her path to success! To check out Christa's work, please visit her website at christameola.com. Also, be sure to link to her new book The Art of Boudoir Photography.
Some of Christa's work:
Use the code “CHRISTAMEOLA” for a full 40% off!
Picks of the Week
- Lindsay: Custom-made portfolios from House of Portfolios & Sigma's 24-105mm f4.0 lens ($900)
- Derrick: Olympus 75mm f1.8 micro 4/3 lens
- Frederick: Giulio Sciorio's website and blog – Small Camera Big Picture
Other Links Mentioned
- Lindsay Adler's new book Creative 52 – an inspiring self-assignment book
- Derrick's newest workshop – San Francisco Street Scene
- Sigma DP2 compact camera with superb image quality
- The Arcanum – Frederick interviews Trey Ratcliff and company about Trey's latest venture
- Richard Avedon
- Sarah Moon – mentioned by Lindsay as an inspiration for her fashion work
- Sony's “selfie mode” on the NEX 5R
- Brooke Shaden Photography
- Agency Access
- BXRi monolight from Elinchrom – mentioned by Christa Meola in the interview
- Leather Craftsmen – hand-crafted albums
- Pro Photographer Manifesto – pdf from Christa Meola
- Workshops with Christa Meola
Please Support our Sponsors:
This podcast is brought to you by Shutterstock.com – with over 20 million stock photos, vectors, illustrations, and video clips. If you're looking for images for your website or blog, print ad, trade show swag or even apps, Shutterstock.com is the way to go. Over 10,000 new images added each day. For 30% off your new account, go to Shutterstock.com and use the offer code TWiP12.
This episode is brought to you by Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio or online store. For a free trial and 10% off, go to Squarespace.com and use offer code TWIP12.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Derrick Story: Website, Google+
Pre-production by: Patrick Reed
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by: Scott Cannizzaro
Really enjoyed the interview with Christa, she was a very engaging interviewee.
HOT show, all around.
There’s a compelling portrait at the top of this essay, or blog, or whatever it is–but no credit for it or mention of it anywhere. The “comments” seemed to be such banter that I skipped through them in a hurry. Did I miss the information about that excellent commercial portrait?