Hosts: Frederick Van Johnson, Darlene Hildebrandt, Sara France and Martin Bailey
This week on TWiP, we’re diving into several great stories including:
- Sears and Walmart shut down their portrait studios
- New app sells your Facebook photos without your permission
- Just how far will you go to get the shot?
- and an interview with Varina and Jay Patel
Darlene Hildebrandt, Sara France and Martin Bailey join Frederick to discuss these topics and much much more on this week’s 302nd episode of TWiP.
(Frederick’s first headshot – taken by Olan Mills – just a “few” years ago.)
[tab title=”Top Stories”]
3. How far will you go to get the shot? (55:30)
[tab title=”Picks of the Week”]
Sara: PicTapGo iPhone App
Frederick: PressGram (self-hosted WordPress Instagram-like experience)
[tab title=”Other Links Mentioned”]
- Darlene’s HDR course and upcoming Photo Tour to Cuba
- Restoration Hardware – one of Sara France’s go-to stores for inspiration
- Kuler from Adobe – for color palettes, etc.
- Video intro to the HTC ‘First’ smartphone with Facebook’s ‘Home’
- Google Glass
- Phantom Drone Copter
- Daredevil images mentioned on the show – check these out!
- Link to Joe McNally’s vertigo-inducing images
- Sean Galbraith Photography
- Bungee Jumping in Whistler – as mentioned by Darlene:)
- Martin Bailey’s original Craft & Vision title: Making the Print. Another title is in the works!
- Don Komarechka’s Snowflake book
- Sara France Wedding Photography
Interview with Varina and Jay Patel
This week, Frederick sits down with husband and wife photography team Varina and Jay Patel for an informative and heartwarming discussion about how to get that great landscape shot. To learn more about Varina and Jay, check out their websites at photographybyvarina.com and jaypatelphotography.com.
Submit your photographs for “Critique of the Week”
Here are thumbnails of the images critiqued in this episode. The first photograph was made by Kevin Brown, and the second by Swen Halverson. Click to link to larger images, and be sure to join the conversation and add in your comments about the photographs.
Be a part of This Week in Photo’s newest segment. Post your best photo on the Google+ TWiP Community page and have the chance to be critiqued by the TWiP panel on an upcoming episode. Good luck!
Please Support our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by Shutterstock.com. Find over 20 million stock photos, vectors, illustrations, and video clips. If you are looking for images for your website or blog, print ad, trade show swag or even apps, Shutterstock is the way to go. Over 10,000 new images are added each day. For 30% off your new account, go to Shutterstock.com and use offer code TWiP4.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Pre-production by: Patrick Reed
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by Scott Cannizzaro
Photo Credits: Shutterstock