Hosts: Frederick Van Johnson, Doug Kaye, Dave Dugdale, and Ron Brinkmann
This week on TWiP:
- SmugMug doubles it's Pro Pricing (6:00)
- Focus peaking coming to more cameras (25:00)
- And an interview with Chris MacAskill from SmugMug (37:00)
Doug Kaye, Dave Dugdale, & Ron Brinkmann join Frederick Van Johnson to discuss these topics and more on this week's episode of TWiP.
Brooks Workshops offering TWiP Listeners $200 off!
Brooks Workshops is hosting a great weekend workshop in October, located at Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara and taught by digital imaging expert Jim DiVitale.
Exploring Adobe Photoshop takes place on October 13th and 14th and is open to all skill levels. This class is designed to give you a working knowledge of Photoshop editing techniques -from opening images in the program to learning advanced creative techniques. Topics will include:
- Workflow techniques
- Understanding calibration and color management
- Customizing Photoshop's settings to work for your specific needs
- Processing Images from RAW capture to final DVD archiving
- Shooting and stitching multiple images to create large panoramas
- Working with layer blending modes and adjustment layers
- Using selection and layer masking for the multiple image montage
- Using light painting and selective focus for creative effects
This is a really great opportunity to improve your photography and post-production skills and escape to lovely Santa Barbara for the weekend. To register, go to workshops.brooks.edu, select your desired workshop, and enter the coupon code in the box at the top of the page.
The coupon code for Exploring Adobe Photoshop is r6w1u (for $200 off).
Interview with Chris MacAskill
In this interview, Frederick chats with the president and co-founder of SmugMug – Chris MacAskill to discuss their recent price increase and the passionate reaction they received from their customers. You can learn more about SmugMug by visiting their website at www.smugmug.com. You can also follow them on Twitter.
Please Support our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by: The New Squarespace. Squarespace introduces a new content management system, making it faster and easier to create a high-quality website or blog. Plus mobile-responsive designs with automatic device scaling and more than 50 other new features. For a free trial and 10% off your first purchase on new accounts, go to SquareSpace.com/TWiP and use offer code TWiP9.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by Scott Cannizzaro
Photo Credits: SmugMug