TWiP 466: Modularity by Design - Divide and Conquer
Is it a digression from the ideal of “less is more”? Or just another gimmick designed to create product lines more efficient at separating consumers from their dollars. Modularity by Design is the newest wave in high tech industrial design and in this episode we take a look at two early players implementing this methodology — Google and Craft Camera.
Google’s Project Ara promises to let you pick and choose your components to create the ideal phone, tailor made for you. And the same goes for Craft Camera… they aim to allow you to assemble the perfect 4K video camera, designed by you, for you… or rather for the job at hand.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Craft Camera – a new modular 4K camera system
- Craft Camera website
- Google's Project Ara proves LG was right about modular phones
- Instagram launches redesigned app & logo
- Instagram testing new business profiles
- Vietnam 2016 tour
Picks of the Week
- Tim: Custom Bracket CB Mini-RC
- Mike: Studio backdrops from GravityBackdrops.com
- Frederick: Digital Video Alchemy
TWiP 466 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Tim Engle: Website, Instagram, Google+
- Mike “Sharky” James: Website, Twitter, Facebook
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest