TWiP 441 – It’s a Grey Area
There are lots of camera manufacturers making an abundance of gear in the market today, but the choices may be narrowing a bit. It’s been reported that Samsung is cancelling at least one camera in a few markets, but the truth seems hard to come by. Is the NX1 on the chopping block — or isn’t it?
Canon is going after the grey market resellers, and while it may mean you can’t get those too-good-to-be-true deals anymore, it’s probably for the best.
Leica is releasing a camera that it hopes will make waves in the professional sports photography market with what it claims is the fastest autofocus ever, and while it’s certainly expensive, it is in line with top-end Canon and Nikon bodies. But with only one lens to choose from, it has a long way to go.
And finally, the Panasonic LUMIX Post Focus feature gets a little more love and a technical explanation.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Is Samsung exiting the camera business?
- Canon is going after grey market camera dealers
- Leica’s latest camera aims to take on the big guns of the photography world
- Joseph’s “Shoot Anything: Commercial, Portraits and More” presentation at B&H on December 14th.
Picks of the Week
- Shiv: Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 for Sony FE Mount Bodies
- Lee: Movcam cage and handle for A7sII and A7rII
- Joseph: Atomos Ninja Assassin
TWiP 441 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Eye-fi’s award winning photo apps and services automatically organize your photos and let you create beautifully rich photo collections combining images from all your devices – all without ever having to wait until you get home. Just click the shutter – any shutter and all your photos are all together, brilliantly displayed and accessible on any device instantly. Point – Shoot – Eye-Fi. Try it for free at EyeFi.com
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Shiv Verma: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Lee Herbet: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Joseph Linaschke: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”TWiP” button=”yes” button_text=”Support TWiP!”]