[smart_track_player url=”http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/pixelcorps.cachefly.net/twip/twip_422_aud.mp3″ color=”6a1915″ title=”Google Photos, Mirrorless and Kickstarter PTSD” artist=”TWiP 422″ ]
TWiP 422 – Google Photos, Mirrorless and Kickstarter PTSD
As expected, Google have announced definitive plans to “end of life” their Google+ Photos product. This is NOT the new and amazing Google Photos product they just launched, but rather the legacy photos bit that was a part of its now “hospice located” Google+ social network.
On this show I take this opportunity to do a touch base with the panel to see how, and if they’re using the new Google Photos — and their overall perception of it.
And in the world of mirrorless, Panasonic have introduced a new flagship photographer’s camera, the GX8. You may note that their flagship camera targeted at videoprofessionals is the Lumix GH4. The GX8 shoots 4K video and photo, and has new, “first of it’s kind” 20.3 megapixel sensor, as well as other enhancements over its predecessor, the Lumix GX7. Note, no relation to this story, but Panasonic is a sponsor of this episode.
And a new company called Z Camera have introduced plans to build (via Kickstarter funding) the E1 — what they’re claiming will be the worlds smallest 4Kcapable micro four thirds camera.
Here to discuss Google Photos, Panasonic Lumix GX8 and the Z Camera E1 — I’m joined by Lee Herbet from CapturingPassion.com, Evgeny Tchebotarev from 500px.com and Jefferson Graham — host and producer of USA TODAY’s Talking Tech, and Talking Your Tech.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Google+Photos is shutting down August 1st
- Panasonic announces the GX8
- E1 aims to be the world’s smallest micro four thirds 4K camera
- Releases by 500px
Picks of the Week
- Jefferson: GoPro Hero 4 Session
- Evgeny: This month we have a very special promo with Blurb. Pay $25 a year for Plus account and get $25 Blurb coupon for your personal photo book https://500px.com/upgrade
- Lee: F-Stop Lounge Fiji Workshop
- Frederick: Rick Sammon’s Creative Visualization for Photographers
TWiP 422 is brought to you by:
This episode of TWiP is brought to you by Panasonic Lumix Cameras. Visit the Panasonic Lumix Lounge to learn more about these fantastic cameras and see what the Lumix Luminary team is creating!
Freshbooks is the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Learn what you want, when you want, with access to thousands of highquality and easy-to-follow video tutorials, including many about photography. Do something good for yourself in 2015 and sign up for a FREE 10day trial by visiting lynda.com/twip.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Evgeny Tchebotarev: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Lee Herbet: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram
- Jefferson Graham: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram