The Road Ahead for Photography Businesses, with Zenfolio
Podcast: Download (Duration: 52:23 — 59.9MB)Zenfolio, a market leader in creative and business solutions for photographers recently conducted a photography survey focusing on the impact of COVID-19, and the outlook ahead.In this interview, I'm joined by Zenfolio CEO John Loughlin, and Pamela Vachon – Vice President of Customer Support and Success. We dive into their findings, as well as some predictions for the months, and years ahead.
Here's a small sampling of their findings:
- 63% of photographers saw a 40% decline in 2020 business due to COVID-19
- Almost 78% saw a decline of at least 20%
- Wedding Photographers were the hardest hit in 2020
- Landscape & Fine art were least impacted
About John Loughlin
John Loughlin joined Zenfolio in mid-2018 after leading the digital magazine subscription service, Texture, and engineering its sale to Apple, forming the foundation for Apple News+. Before Texture, Loughlin served a decade as Executive Vice President/General Manager at Hearst Magazines, where he co-managed a division that generated annual revenues of more than $2 billion.
About Pamela Vachon
Pamela Vachon joined Zenfolio in May 2012 as a customer support representative. She was promoted to customer support supervisor in 2014, senior manager in 2017, and the Director of Customer Support and Success in 2018. Throughout her time at Zenfolio, Vachon has played an integral role in helping the company become the leading global SaaS solution for photographers. As a photographer herself, Vachon has a first-hand understanding of Zenfolio customer needs and the demands they face.
Zenfolio will be launching its new, reimagined SaaS solution built from the ground up drawing on 15 years of experience, extensive customer research and a multi-million-dollar technology investment. Designed by photographers for photographers, this comprehensive solution provides tools to run all aspects of their business with an easy-to-use responsive interface to show, share, market, and sell their photography via mobile, desktop or tablet.
- Q1 Survey PetaPixel article: https://petapixel.com/2021/04/01/study-delves-into-the-state-of-the-photo-industry-now-and-last-year/
- Zenfolio NEW platform announcement: https://zenfolio.com/press/zenfolio-launches-new-solution-for-photographers-built-on-advanced-machine-learning-infrastructure
- Website: https://zenfolio.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zenfolio
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/zenfolio
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zenfolio/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyOU-gfrscvEpuwaZGIH0EQ
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zenfolio/