TWiP 462 – Get Real
This week on TWiP – A Melbourne, Australia photographer uses social media to cry foul about the similarities between his image, and a Calvin Klein ad campaign. This brings up the old debate about inspiration versus imitation.
Also, a startup is placing bets that people are interested in augmenting and enhancing their iPhones to be more DSLRlike. And lastly, Apple files a patent that could mean future iPhone models may have optical zoom capabilities.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Calvin Klein may have stolen a photographer’s work & the photographer may not be able to do anything about it
- Miggo wants to DSLR your iPhone with the Pictar grip
- Patent shows how Apple could add optical zoom to the iPhone
- AlphaMirrorless podcast
- Scotland photography workshop with Juan Pons
Picks of the Week
TWiP 462 is brought to you by:
Freshbooks – the simple cloud accounting solution that’s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at FreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Out of Chicago
The Out of Chicago Conference is taking its show on the road for the Out of New York Photography Conference October 14-15. Join Rick Sammon, Bryan Peterson, Lindsay Adler, Frederick Van Johnson, Valerie Jardin, Steve Simon, RC Concepcion, and the rest of the lineup for an amazing hands-on photography experience in the heart of beautiful New York City!
Use the code “twip100” for $100 off the 349 registration fee before April. Go to outofnewyork.com for more information. See you in New York City!
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Shiv Verma: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Juan Pons: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest