TWiP 348 – What’s in a (Domain) Name?
Guests: Syl Arena, Shiv Verma
This week on TWiP…
- New domain names for .photography & .camera now available
- The Color Run sues photographer for demanding payment for widely distributed photo
- Photo buyers, Photo stealers, & Facebook cloning
- And an Interview with YouTube star – Blunty!
Interview with Blunty
This week Frederick sat down for a chat with YouTube star Blunty about cameras, photography and life! Check out Blunty at http://www.blunty.tv
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- New top level domains released including .photography & .camera domains
- Color Run sues photographer for demanding payment for widely distributed image
- Wedding photographer posts Craigslist ad for photos to pad his portfolio
- Facebook deletes Sue Bryce's page after hackers clone and report her page
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Paris photo workshop with Valérie Jardin & Frederick
- Shiv Verma's new Time-Lapse eBook!
Picks of the Week
- Syl: Peter Read Miller on Sports Photography book and Peter Read Miller Sports Photography Workshop, Denver, April 7-13
- Shiv: Astro motion control device
- Frederick: Olympus OMD EM1 at Hunts
TWiP 348 is brought to you by Squarespace, Freshbooks, & Shutterstock
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio or online store. For a free trial and 10% off, go to squarespace.com and use offer code TWIP2.
This episode is brought to you by Shutterstock.com. With over 30 million high quality stock photos, illustrations, vectors and video clips, Shutterstock helps you take your creative projects to the next level. For 25% off your new account, go to Shutterstock.com and use offer code TWIP214 (two fourteen).
TWiP is also brought to you by FreshBooks, the simple cloud accounting solution that¹s helping thousands of new entrepreneurs and small business owners save time billing, and get paid faster. Sign up for free today at GetFreshBooks.com and join over 5 million users running their business with ease.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Syl Arena: Website, Twitter, or Google+
- Shiv Verma: Website, Twitter, or Google+
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Pre-production by: Bruce Clarke
- Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
- Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
- Intro Music by: Scott Cannizzaro