Educator, lecturer and PPA Master Photographer.
Troy Miller is one of my favorite Wedding Photographers, and I am proud to call him a friend. Along with his wife Marjorie, Troy runs Imagery Concepts, a successful Wedding Photography business based in Southern California. Troy has helped me in my photography journey more than anyone I have met. I see images in my head differently than before I met him, and yet I am still baffled at the way he sees light. I started entering image competitions, and then judging them, at his suggestion – and Image Comps are one of the best ways to improve your photography.
He and his wife offer a unique dual perspective with an exciting blend of romantic, candid and photo journalistic qualities. Their clients find them by referral only from other clients, or from vendors that love what they do. Somehow, as busy as their business is, he still manages to participate in local photography clubs, and to shoot fine art as a “hobby”.
Troy is an educator, lecturer, image competition judge and PPA Master Photographer.
He has also racked up an impressive list of awards:
- PPA 2014 2nd Place Grand Imaging Award in Wedding
- PPA Image Competition Gold Medalist
- Image chosen to represent the USA in the PPA World Photographic Cup
- PPC 2012 Wedding Photographer of the Year
- PPC 2013 Commercial Photographer of the Year
- Images in the PPA 2013 and 2014 Loan Collection
- PPC Expo Digital Café Chair and lecturer
- Inland Empire Professional Photographers & Videographers 2014 – 2016 Wedding Photographer of the Year
- Inland Empire Professional Photographers & Videographers 2015 Photographer of the Year
One of the things I love about Troy’s images is the unique vision, or perspective, he has. In this episode of Behind the Shot, Troy discusses his shot “Stormy Kiss” – a unique wedding shot of a bride and groom on a stormy Southern CA day. Join us as Troy shares some tips and even has a great app suggestion for those times you need to know when the rain will stop.
Have an idea for an episode?
Do you know a photographer you think might make a good guest on our show? Maybe it’s yourself?! Just use the form below to contact us. You, (or your suggestion) might just make it Behind the Shot!