AlphaMirrorless 021: Making Infrared Images
We are always looking to make unique and interesting images, and Infrared photography gives us a totally different and unique look to the world around us. The technology can be a little difficult to understand, in this episode of the AlphaMirrorless podcast, Juan and Andy explain what Infrared photography is, where to get a camera converted to IR, and how to go about making images.
We don’t always have all the answers, but if we don’t we will research it and try to give you the best answer we can. So what have you got to lose, go ahead and send in your questions to us by going to this form.
Links mentioned on the episode
- Muench Workshops Primer on Infrared Image Processing
- LifePixel IR conversion (SuperColor IR)
- Lens Considerations for making IR images
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)
- Adobes DNG Profile Editor for Mac
- Adobes DNG Profile Editor for PC
Wishes of the Week
- Juan: Lots of puffy clouds in your sky
- Andy: I wish that the 70-300 Sony G lens I just bought is AWESOME
Picks of the Week
- Juan: RRS Narrow Plate for Pocket Point and Shoot cameras (fits great on the a6000)
- Andy: Neewer filter wrenches