TWiP 475: Did You Yahoo?
Is this the end of the line for the once giant Internet company Yahoo?! This week the company announced most of the its core businesses were acquired by telecom giant Verizon. The price Verizon paid? Just $4.83 billion dollars. That may sound like a lot, but when you consider Yahoo! purchased Broadcast.com for $5.7 billion (hey Mark Cuban) and Tumblr for $1.1 billion, $4.83 billion starts sounding a lot like pocket change. Contrast this with Yahoo’s market cap in the dot-com hey day… it was worth well over $100 billion dollars.
In this episode we discuss this latest page in silicon valley drama, and what this might mean for one of Yahoo’s most prized properties — Flickr.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83 billion
- Canon lenses may soon have digital displays
- Confessions of a Victoria’s Secret retoucher
- Presence – August 4th
- Creator’s Path podcast
- Creatives Against Depression
- Jose’s Podcast consulting services
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Picks of the Week
TWiP 475 is brought to you by:
This episode of TWiP is brought to you by the new TWiP School! We’ve just launched and the school already has THOUSANDS of students and several photography courses to choose from.
Check it out today at http://www.TWiPSchool.com
Photomatix is the easiest way to create stunning HDR photos. Check out Photomatix at www.hdrsoft.com and click on Download to get your FREE trial.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests
- Giulio Sciorio: Website, Twitter, Google+
- Jose Rosado: Website, Twitter, Instagram
- Frederick Van Johnson: Website, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest