Hosts: Doug Kaye with Valerie Jardin & Don Komarechka
This week on TWiP…
- Canon’s financial forecast haunted by smartphone creep
- Adobe hack actually affects 38 million users
- A roundtable discussion about learning photography
- Don Komarechka talks kickstarting photographic projects
[tab title=”Top Stories”]
- Canon’s financial forecast (8:20)
- Adobe hack actually affects 38 million (15:20)
- Learning photography (22:50)
- Kickstarting your photographic dreams (38:37)
[tab title=”Picks of the Week”]
- Valerie: Dan Ablan’s new Peachpit Press e-book: Composition for Portraiture: Creating compelling headshots, group shots and senior pictures. Only $5!
- Don: Redsnap – Triggertrap’s newest innovation
- Doug: Linco Flora 35″ Softbox. $260 at Amazon.
[tab title=”Other Links Mentioned”]
- Outdoor Photography Canada – Don just redesigned their website
- Valerie Jardin’s workshops
- All About the Gear – Frederick and Doug’s new show
- 1Password – mentioned by Doug to manage all of your passwords across devices
- Don’s book is now shipping! Sky Crystals
- Regarding the Q&A time-lapse discussion – For external power to the Nikon D7000, you need two parts: The Nikon EP-5B power supply goes into the battery compartment, and the Nikon EH-5B AC adapter plugs into a main power source.
Please Support our Sponsors:
This episode is also brought to you by Shutterstock.com. With over 28 million high-quality stock photos, illustrations, vectors and video clips, Shutterstock helps you take your creative projects to the next level. For 25% off your new account, go to Shutterstock.com and use offer code TWIP1013.
This episode is brought to you by Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create your own professional website, portfolio or online store. For a free trial and 10% off, go to Squarespace.com and use offer code TWIP10.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Pre-production by: Patrick Reed
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn & Vince Bauer
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by: Scott Cannizzaro