Hosts: Frederick Van Johnson, Richard Harrington, Valerie Jardin and Evgeny Tchebotarev
This week on TWiP:
- Photo ethics in the ‘big apple’ – 2 very different photo tales in NYC (12:20)
- Facebook and Eye-Fi unveil new cloud services (34:35)
- Black Eye’d Peas frontman Will.i.am’s iPhone modification (47:15)
- And an interview with NYC street photographer James Maher (50:05)
- Plus, Frederick throws down the photoshop gauntlet announcing prizes for the best “MC Richard Hammerington” creative image (1:41:45)
Enjoy the great conversation as Richard Harrington, Valerie Jardin and Evgeny Tchebotarev join Frederick Van Johnson to discuss these topics and more on this week’s episode of TWiP.
a title=”Will.i.am’s iPhone add-on” href=”http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/28/will-i-am-iphone-accessories-hands-on/” target=”_blank”>Will.i.am’s iPhone modification
Richard: TAP2013 – Technologically Advanced Publishing Conference: get the inside scoop on the digital publishing wave and enjoy renowned keynote speaker Guy Kawasaki. Use the offer code VIPRH for $250 off the conference fee!
Valerie: The Photographer’s MBA by Sal Cincotta published by Peachpit Press, available for under $20 at Amazon.
Evgeny: Disposable Ilford Black & White camera – long live the experiments!
Frederick: The Photographers Ephemeris
1. 500px – the great portfolio site that Evgeny co-founded
2. Photofocus – Richard Harrington is the new host of this noted podcast founded by Scott Bourne. Frederick Van Johnson is featured in an upcoming interview.
3. Understanding Adobe Photoshop and other books by Richard Harrington
4. Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite
5. Nicolesy and Brian Matiash tie the knot!! Congratulations!
6. Richard Harrington Adorama TV training (Canon 6D, Eye-Fi, etc.)
9. Going Pro by Scott Bourne and Skip Cohen
10. Lynda.com free trial
Interview with street photographer James Maher
This week, Frederick interviews New York City fine art, portrait, studio and street photographer James Maher. Listen in as James breaks down the art of street photography, and be sure to check out his book, Essentials of Street Photography.
The Great “MC Harrington” Photoshop Challenge!
The mission (should you choose to accept it): Use your photoshop skills – along with Richard Harrington’s head shot – to create your best MC Hammer/Richard Harrington composite. Winner will receive a signed copy of Richard’s book Understanding Photoshop Techniques. (Include Will.i.am’s new iPhone mod and Frederick will personally congratulate you on an upcoming show and award you an additional secret prize!)
Send images to email@example.com by Sunday, December 16th. Good Luck! Winners will be announced on a future show and winning images displayed.
Please Support our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by: The New Squarespace. Squarespace introduces a new content management system, making it faster and easier to create a high-quality website or blog. Check out the new mobile-responsive designs with automatic device-scaling and more than 50 other new features. For a free trial and 10% off your first purchase on new accounts, go to SquareSpace.com/TWiP and use offer code TWiP12.
Connect with Our Hosts & Guests:
Valerie Jardin: valeriejardinphotography.com
Pre-production by: Patrick Reed
Post production by: Suzanne Llewellyn
Bandwidth provided by: Cachefly
Intro Music by Scott Cannizzaro
Photo Credits: James Maher